Patients with Acute Symptoms:
If a patient develops a fever (defined at >100 F) (or if over 65 YO, the fever threshold is 99.6 F) AND at least one of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever, body aches, chills, he/she should remain at home.
- In a patient feels ill, he/ she shall notify Impact PT to cancel any appointment they have scheduled.
- The front desk is required to ask the patient the following:
- Is your fever greater than 100 degrees F or if over 65 YO over 99.6 degrees F
- If yes, are you experiencing at least one of the following symptoms: new acute severe cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, running nose, body aches, chills?
- If the answer to either a or b are “NO” the screening criteria are not met and the employee may return to work when feeling well enough to do so.
- If the answer to questions a or b is “YES” Impact PT staff will direct the patient to call their primary care provider.
- If the answer to the second question (b) is “YES”, the patient will be advised to schedule an appointment to be tested for COVID-19 and may not return to Impact PT until:
- A negative test result, or
- Until 14 days have passed and since the onset of the symptoms, and symptom free.
- The Impact PT will follow the CDC guidelines here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-risk-assesment-hcp.html
- If a patient refuses to complete the questions or notify Impact PT of symptoms outlined above, Impact PT reserves the right to refuse medical care.