Impact Physical Therapy is now offering an online Telehealth platform! What this means to you is you will now have access to your Physical Therapist and receive care in your home without needing to come into the clinic.
What is Telehealth? It is similar to Skype or Facetime on your phone. It enables the Physical Therapist to interact with you face to face. We can use this platform as a tool for follow-up appointments, exercise progression, ergonomic assessments, and even for an initial evaluation and treatment!
What is needed on your part is to have a PC, Mac or smart phone.
The steps are simple and easy:
- Call Impact PT at 425-778-2325 and let us know you would like to schedule a Telehealth appointment.
- We will confirm your email address, send a link to your email to log in on the day of your appointment – simply click on “Join Zoom Meeting”. Remember to save the email as you will need the link to start your physical therapy session. If you accidently delete the email we sent you, please call us and we will send you a new link. You do not need to do anything special to log in; you simply click the link in the email and you are ready!
- When you log in there will be a microphone and video camera in the lower left corner of the screen. Make sure there are no lines through the camera and microphone icons. You can click on the icon to remove the line and enable the camera and microphone functions. This will allow us to see and hear you.
- A few tips on the day of your session:
- You will receive a call before your scheduled PT session to collect any copay that your insurance requires us to collect.
- Please have any equipment readily available (Thera-bands, weights etc.).
- To make ergonomic assessments of your work station, personal computer or craft area, we will need to see your actual set up.
- If you are in pain or need exercises, find a flat place on the floor so that we can see you perform your exercises and give you feedback.
- Some facts about Telehealth:
- We want to assure you that Telehealth is fully HIPPA-compliant. This aligns with policy for all electronic medical records in hospitals, which means your health information, personal information and data is completely secure.
- Most insurances are covering Telehealth appointments. We will bill your insurance company the same way as if you came into the clinic in person.
- If your insurance company requires that you pay a copay, we will call you the day of your appointment to collect it. If you are unable to receive a call you can log on to impactpt and pay your copay on line. If you do not know what your copay is, please call Impact PT at (425)778-2325 and we will be happy to call your insurance company.
- We will bill your insurance company the same as an in-clinic appointment.
- Please sign our consent form before your Telehealth Physical Therapy appointment. You can download the consent form on our web page under the Telehealth tab. Once the consent form is completed you can fax to (425)778-7692 or scan to email@example.com
- You can schedule multiple appointments in one week if needed.
- Evaluations can be done based on the severity of the patient’s symptoms.
We are excited to offer this opportunity to you as it allows us to provide a wider scope of care that is personal to you! We hope that you find this experience valuable and know that we are available to answer any questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us!